B.DES. IN FASHION DESIGNING – OVERVIEW
Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design
|| 4 Years
B.Des. Fashion Design or Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Design course. Fashion Design is the study of creating original designs in garments, footwear, jewelleries, luggage, etc. and a study of the ever-changing trends in the fashion industry and market. In other words, B.Des. (Fashion Design) is the study of creating original designs which involve converting artistic talent and creativity in creating products like clothing, textiles, jewellery, footwear and other accessories. B.Des. (Fashion Design) degree course also includes a detailed study of the market trends and the related fashion. The duration of the course is four years and it is career orienting in nature that offers many jobs after its completion.
SYLLABUS B.DES. IN FASHION DESIGNING
Syllabus of Fashion Design as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
- Apparel Construction Methods
- Colour Mixing
- Computer-Aided Design
- Elements of Textiles
- Fabric Dyeing and Printing
- Fashion Illustration and Design
- Fashion Studies
- History of Costumes
- Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
- Leather Designing
- Manufacturing Technology
- Surface Development Techniques
- Textile Science
- Degree holders are readily accepted in Garments, Leather, Textiles, and other fashion-related industries.
- Fashion Design degree makes one eligible and competent enough to open their own fashion house to exhibit their fashion skills.
- Course besides satisfying the creative fancies and the materialistic needs of the people, also promises glamour, fame, success and high pay packages to its students.
- They can also go for further degrees like master’s and then for research degrees.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing B.Des. (Fashion Design) the degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from a recognized board in India.
- Candidate should be an expert in drawing things which reflects what’s within your thoughts and mind for telling people.
- They should be a creative and keen observer, should keep themselves aware of what is the latest and should know how to communicate with people.
- The course is suitable for those who are willing to become a teacher and lecturer in schools and colleges.
- Fashion Show Management Agencies
- Export Houses
- Fashion Media Centres
- Garment Store Chains
- Freelancing for Fashion Houses
- Quality Control Boards
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising Companies
- Garment Manufacturing Units
- Jewellery Houses
- Leather Companies
- Fashion Accessory Design Shops
- Textile Mills
- Apparel Production Manager
- Cutting Assistant
- Fashion Coordinator
- Costume Designer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion Consultant
- Fabric Buyer
- Outside Sales Representative
- Personal Stylist
- Fashion Show Organizer
- Production Pattern Maker
- Show Room Sales Representative
- Technical Designer