IICD ENTRANCE EXAM
IICD Entrance Exam is meant for admitting candidates into B. Des and M. Des programs offered by Indian Institute of Crafts and Design. IICD Entrance Exam is conducted for 100 seats for B. Des program and 60 seats for M. Des program.
- Indian Institute of Crafts and Design conducts the entrance exam in annual mode.
- IICD Jaipur offers B. Des and M. Des program with a specialization in Crafts and Design.
- Minimum eligibility for B. Des program is 10+2 while for M. Des program the minimum eligibility is a graduate degree in relevant discipline.
- The entrance test is usually held in the month of April.
- The exam will be conducted in pen and paper-based mode.
- The selection process comprises written test and a personal interview.
- The list of successful candidates for IICD Entrance Exam released in the final week of April.
Apart from the list of successful candidates, IICD will also publish list two separate waiting list for admission to B. Des and M. Des program. The seat allocation for waitlisted candidates will only start if the seats remain vacant after allocation to shortlisted candidates.
COURSES OFFERED BY IICD
IICD will conduct the entrance examination for admission B. Des and M. Des program. Candidates can check below the tentative seat matrix for UG and PG programs offered by the institute in 2018-19 session.
- B. Des Program Specialisations are:
- Soft Material Application: 25 Seats
- Hard Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fired Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fashion Design: 25 Seats
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
- M. Des Program Specialisation are:
- Soft Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Hard Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Fired Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Note: IICD reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of seats in each specialisation of UG & PG Professional Diploma Programmes.
ELIGIBILITY FOR IICD ENTRANCE EXAM
Eligibility Criteria is the set of rules and clauses which are set by the exam conducting authority. These rules are prescribed as per the requirement of the entrance examination. Candidates can apply for the examination only after satiating these eligibility standards.
The eligibility criterion for admission into Indian Institute of Crafts and Design through IICD Entrance Exam 2018 is given below:
For B. Des in Crafts and Design Program
- Candidates should have cleared higher secondary exam (10+2) from a recognized board of education.
- Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the test.
For M. Des in Crafts and Design Program
- Candidates should have a recognized Degree or Diploma in Architecture/Design, Fashion, Fine Art, and Home Science in Textiles & Clothing; Or
- Candidate should be an Artisan’s child/ward 5 years direct work experience in hereditary traditional crafts after successful passing of Senior Higher Secondary Board Exam; Or
- Graduates in any discipline with an aptitude towards crafts, fashion or design.
- Those appearing for their qualifying exam can also apply; the admission will be provisional and subject to obtaining the defined eligibility latest by 31st October 2018.
For Foreign Nationals and NRI Candidates:
- International Candidates/NRI candidates seeking admission to Indian Institute of Crafts and Design must have the required educational qualifications/certificates similar or correspond to that is needed for Indian candidates.
- Admission of Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates in various UG/PG/Certificate programmes of IICD is based on certain guidelines.
WHY JOIN MANISHA DESIGN’S IICD CLASSES?
Classroom coaching gives you added the advantage of learning from expert teachers, backed by 7+ years of experience.
Best Faculty : Our highly qualified faculties go through a rigorous training program. We follow a Student-Centric Approach which helps them become aware of their strengths and weaknesses. Individual Attention is provided to students and their performance is monitored at regular intervals.
Clear Section-wise Focus : The course has been structured to focus individually on both sections of JEE B.Arch: Aptitude and Drawing Test. For an improved comprehensive performance, another subject like Analytical Ability, Architecture GK etc. are also given equal emphasis.
Smart Learning techniques : We ensure that there is a marked improvement in the student’s observation, imagination skills, and creativity, along with the drawing skills. This is done through key techniques and smarter problem-solving exercises, important to all Architecture exams.
The course designed by Experts: Our Classroom program is powered by the best rated JEE B.Arch Mock Test Series, 70+ high quality animated video lessons, exhaustive and updated study material, sectional and topic tests, one-on-one mentoring, and additional paper discussion sessions, revisions, and workshops.
Personal Guidance: Over the past 7 years, we have guided thousands of students towards their dream Architecture College. We do enjoy a very strong bond with our ex-students who keep coming back to us even after years of completing their coaching with us. Get mentored by our team of field experts for an experience likely to stay with you forever.